11. To the extent required for the hire to take place, the venue shall hold responsibility for the following:
- Holding a valid premises licence.
- Provide first-aid and/or medical personal for the duration of the event.
- Provide required functioning fire extinguishers throughout the venue
- Provide the use of existing house sound and lighting systems.
- Ensure clean, drinking water is available free of charge during operating hour to all patrons and members of the public.
- Provide load in / load out access at pre-arranged times for set up.
12. The hirer shall not use the venue premises or permit the premises to be used for any other purpose other than for the purpose or purposes specified.
- This shall explicitly be for late night music entertainment by means of a DJ-based club event.
13. The hirer shall ensure the event is conducted in accordance with all method statements, risk assessments, health and safety guidelines and any operational guidelines set out by the venue
14. The Hirer must not interfere in any way with any firefighting equipment in and around the Venue.
15. The Hirer shall take all reasonable precautions for the safety of the public, those attending the event and all its employees
16. The Hirer shall ensure that the activities within the venue shall not cause a nuisance and that no noisome, offensive, dangerous, illegal or immoral acts are carried out in the venue
17. The venue shall bear no responsibility for hirers property or equipment, technical or otherwise brought into the venue and shall be done so at the hirer's own risk. The venue will have no liability for any loss or damage to the hirers equipment unless the hirer is able to demonstrate that such loss of damage was caused or contributed to be any acts of omission of venue
18.No furniture or fittings or equipment shall be moved or removed by the hirer unless authorised to do.
19. Decorations and creative production are permitted provided that fixings are of a temporary and non-marking nature. It is understood that any decoration shall be discussed with venue in advance and that venue may (acting reasonably) refuse the hirer permission to suspend or affix any hirers equipment to the venue
20. The Hirer must:
- ensure that all cables and wires, equipment, barriers and other items which it affixes or installs or utilises at the Venue do not block or obstruct or cause a hazard to any access ways, emergency exits or walkways
- ensure that all cables which the Hirer affixes, installs or utilises at the Venue must be taped, matted or otherwise covered with materials and/or ramps approved by venue
- not overload any part of the Venue or the equipment or services supplying the Venue
- not drive in any bolts, nails, tacks, screws, bits, pins or other like objects into any part of the Venue (including the staging) nor attach any adhesive substance to it without venues prior consent
- not alter, move or in any way interfere with the lighting, heating, safety equipment, power or other electrical fittings or appliances in the Venue
- ensure that installation and set-up of the Hirer's Equipment must meet best industry standards and practice and comply with all Applicable Laws.
- ensure that all persons supplying services in connection with the set-up of an Event will do so with due skill, care and diligence and will possess such qualifications, skills and experience as are necessary for the set-up of the Event: and
- comply with all venue instructions regarding weight and capacity limits
- The hirer shall take good care of, and shall not cause any damage or permit any damage to be done to the premises, or any part of the premises or the fixtures, fittings and equipment on the premises or to any part of the building of which the premises form part or any other building or structure within the curtilage of the building, and any damage caused or permitted by the hirer, staff, agents or contractors (excluding patrons and members of the public) shall be made good by venue at the cost to the hirer and the hirer shall inform the venue of any such damage as soon as practical and the hirer shall confirm it in writing within 24 hours of its discovery.
- The cost of such damage shall be mutually agreed between venue and hirer.
- The cost of necessary repairs will be passed on to the Hirer and will need to be paid within 14 working days from the event date.
22. It shall be understood that while hirer is obligated to actively discourage such activity such as vandalism it is not financially liable for any damage done to the premises, or any part of the premises or the fixtures, fittings and equipment on the premises caused by attending patrons or members of the public. It is agreed that hirer shall actively support the venues efforts in identifying and bringing any criminal or liable damages against any patron that does so
23. The venue through the contracting of SIA licenced security and stewarding provisions shall, during the period of hire be responsible for:
a , The efficient supervision of the premises, including the orderly and safe admission and departure of persons to and from the premises the orderly and safe clearance of the premises in case of emergency
b, Keeping the premises safe and ensuring good order and decency is maintained
c, Keeping all licensable conditions imposed and ensuring that all doors giving exit from the premises shall be kept unlocked and unobstructed, and immediately available for exit during the whole time the premises are in use.
- Have the right to refuse admission at no cost to the venue
- Venue will undertake and be responsible for a security risk assessment for the Event which will include an assessment of the terrorism risks, public safety and disorder risks, protest risks and protection of assets risks (Risk Assessment). The hirer will provide no later than 7 days and 24hrs before event volume of confirmed tickets sold, final attendance expectation and any other information deemed useful such as audience demographics and profile.
25. The Risk Assessment will determine the level of security required for the Event and may be undertaken a number of times prior to the event (in particular if there are any changes in the national threat level, specific information or the nature, profile or size of the event based on ticketing).
26. Unless otherwise mutually agreed by venue and hirer, the provision of security will be provided by venue's chosen security providers.
- Venue will ensure that there is at least ONEx1 SIA licenced female as part of its security provisions.
28. Hirer must work in full conjunction with and co-operate fully with venues security staff at all times (including following all reasonable instructions from venues security staff).
29. The Hirer will ensure that:
- it assists venue, where reasonably required, to maintain good public order; and
- any artists or performers do not incite the audience to commit violence or disruption. If the Hirer fails to prevent such dangerous and/or disruptive occurrences, venue will be entitled to confiscate any offensive equipment and terminate the Event with immediate effect.
30. The hirer is made aware that the premises are monitored by CCTV and this data is recorded and stored and will be used to settle disputes regarding damage and behaviour.
31. Venue will hold or obtain a licence from Performing Right Society Limited, and the hirer will comply with all the terms of such licence and any other requirements of the Performing Right Society Limited in respect of the performance of musical compositions at the Event. It is understood that any costs related to PRS shall be the responsibility of the venue
- The venue will have in effect and maintain from the ticket on sale date until the end of the Hire Period, with a reputable insurer:
- a) Public liability insurance (to provide coverage for all forms of liability for the death, personal injury, loss of or injury of persons attending the Event)
- b) Employer's liability insurance
- If requested by hirer, the venue will promptly provide to hirer certified copies of all policies in place.
34.Unless otherwise agreed by hirer, all admission Saleable Tickets for the Event will be sold via the hirers chosen ticketing agent.
All admission Saleable Tickets must be issued electronically and must be compatible with the ticket related technology (including the electronic ticket scanners) provided by the hirer.
- All ticket scanners will be provided and operated by hirer staff at no cost to venue.
35. The number of Saleable Tickets, Accessibility Tickets and Complimentary Tickets made available for the Event must under no circumstances exceed the capacity of the Venue and/or any licence in respect of the Venue and/or the Event plus at 5% attrition rate.
36. It is explicitly agreed that the capacity of the venue is 500 which must include all staff.
37.All tickets will be sold with a strict 18+ age restriction.
- The venue operates a challenge 25 policy. A valid passport or valid driving licence is accepted as proof of age.
39. Venue has the right to retain a total of TEN 10 complimentary tickets free of charge issued electronically.